 Marketplace / Theory / 1654
Re: Sending Cash Abroad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:14:34 GMT

Hi All !

I live in Croatia (Europe) and I like Giulio from Italy recieved many
international payments (US,Canada,UK,Australia,Hong Kong etc.)!
Most common way is sending cash by mail - its's just a bit risky (mail
gets lost from time to time (never happened to me though)) !
It is illegal but it means nothing !

Another way is to send personal check , International money order
or Am. Express travelers check - if those thing get lost noone else
could cash 'em !

Third way is bank trasnfer but it's a bit expensive at some banks (each
bank has its own "pricelist" ) !
I never tried Paypal, LarryP and thing like that ...

Enjoy !

Dejan

I'm from Italy, and I received many international payments, in many
different ways. Sending cash inside a letter is not legal, but it's a
common way to pay a seller. Larry's factoring is a very convenient way
to get the money, but I usually receive both international and
non-international money orders and checks, and I have no problems in
cashing them at any bank here.
For example, I can easily cash a US money order (yes, the one with the
words "payable only in US funds" or something similar on it) as well as
a personal check in US dollars.

Giulio