 Marketplace / Theory / 1402
Re: Sending Cash Abroad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:14:17 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

Hey:

I live in the United States and have a semi-large deal pending with someone in
Italy and I have been trying to select the best method of payment.  I was
going to send cash via a registered letter with UPS except that they informed
me that it was illegal to send cash outside the United States.  That this
should be a illegal comes as a surprise to me as this method of payment
appears regularly as the recommended method of paying international sellers on
eBay.

I'm from Italy, and I received many international payments, in many
different ways. Sending cash inside a letter is not legal, but it's a
common way to pay a seller. Larry's factoring is a very convenient way
to get the money, but I usually receive both international and
non-international money orders and checks, and I have no problems in
cashing them at any bank here.
For example, I can easily cash a US money order (yes, the one with the
words "payable only in US funds" or something similar on it) as well as
a personal check in US dollars.

Giulio