 Marketplace / Theory / 1108
Re: Feedback.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 05:52:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Tony Kilaras writes:

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.theory, Tony Kilaras writes:

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...
I buy alot off eBay.....I always leave feedback (except for 1 instance I
just realized)

Considering I pay in hour to 3 days, I am suprised at how little feedback • is
posted towards me ....

I generally don't solicit it, but I would really like to break the 25
barrier (considering I have had twice as many transactions)

EBay is for the lazy and uninformed. The prices are simply .absurd.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE......

In addition to your comment being off topic....I find it insulting,
condescending, and unwarranted (many of the reasons I only read RTL once a
week)

Off topic, in Lugnet.Market.Theory. how so?

RTL was great before the life got sucked out of it by Lugnet (not
necessarily a good or bad thing, just a fact of life). You do know that
there was life before Lugnet right?

I live in retail Siberia.....I am unable to get the sets I want at less • than
full MSRP...

Syracuse, NY ....midway between Buffalo and Albany.....1 big mall...a couple
TRU and Wal-marts(1-2 years old) K-mart and Ames.....these retailers rarely
discount and when they do the BOGO 50% off thing...there is no stock

Where is retail Siberia?

I would neither describe myself as lazy or uninformed:

1. I have been collecting Lego for over 25 years
2. Although I am new to Lugnet and RTL (1 year), I
    have actively researched my hobby and my spending

I collect Town/Train. Maybe EBay is better for other themes but it sucks for
Town.

As far as Trains go, I have no interest in them, but trian fans snap up
everything I find....I picked up a lot off of eBay for under $500 that had a
4564, 2 4555s, Octan Gas Station, Central precinct HQ, Surf and sail camper,
Fort Legoredo (incomplete) and an Imperial Trading Post....alon w/ a host of
castle, space and town small sets...

The week I won that lot my friend picked up a lot for $850 w/ 3 train
layouts, extra track and cars, a firestation and one of the Sea port
sets...In our experiences....we picked up many "Holy Grail" sets for much
less than their value....My Friends 40 lb lot had many more town minisets
and Pirate sets included than mine....He spent alot, but he got much more
than he ever expected....as a matter of fact, he hasn't bought any Lego on
eBay since.... he said he has most of the items on his listnow, except for a
BSB and an Airport shuttle...

I would agree that other themes vary in value....Trains are not widely
available and Train fans are sometimes fanatical during acquisitionmodes of
behavior, driving up the price....

I consider many Town sets expensive because the Golden Age of Town design
was almost 10 years ago...