 Marketplace / Theory / 1107
Re: Feedback.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 05:30:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Tony Kilaras writes:

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.theory, Tony Kilaras writes:
eBay is not an ideal environment...but it has been a true resource for my
collection and my projects.  I have obtained many Castle/Pirate/Space sets
at less (or 1/2) MSRP in MIB or excellent condition...

I collect Town/Train. Maybe EBay is better for other themes but it sucks for
Town.

I have gotten a fair bit of town, and almost no train from eBay, but the lack
of train isn't because eBay's prices are any less reasonable than non-eBay
auctions. Train just goes for absurd prices no matter what venue. The town
stuff I have bought has been modestly priced compared to MSRP, mainly because
it is a theme which is important to me, but not a "must" have, as opposed to
pirates which I am making a serious run at collecting the whole range.

The key to eBay is a measure of patience.

Frank