 Marketplace / Theory / 1101
Re: Feedback.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:02:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Tony Kilaras writes:

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...
I buy alot off eBay.....I always leave feedback (except for 1 instance I
just realized)

Considering I pay in hour to 3 days, I am suprised at how little feedback • is
posted towards me ....

I generally don't solicit it, but I would really like to break the 25
barrier (considering I have had twice as many transactions)

EBay is for the lazy and uninformed. The prices are simply .absurd.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE......

In addition to your comment being off topic....I find it insulting,
condescending, and unwarranted (many of the reasons I only read RTL once a week)

I live in retail Siberia.....I am unable to get the sets I want at less than
full MSRP...

I would neither describe myself as lazy or uninformed:

  1. I have been collecting Lego for over 25 years
  2. Although I am new to Lugnet and RTL (1 year), I
     have actively researched my hobby and my spending

I agree that some items are way over-valued TO ME....but that doesn't make
it so for others...I had some Yellow Castle slopes that I had no use
for....another Lugnet member paid $40 for these...to that person, it was a
reasonable price.  I view eBay as a venue where people can obtain what they
want at a price they are comfortable with...

The only absurdity I see is TLG/TLC expecting me to pay exorbitant prices in
retail outlets for products that are a far cry from the quality and
excellence I associated w/ their products...HOWEVER, I am not condemning the
retail outlets that provide these products...

eBay is not an ideal environment...but it has been a true resource for my
collection and my projects.  I have obtained many Castle/Pirate/Space sets
at less (or 1/2) MSRP in MIB or excellent condition...

eBay is like TV, if you don't like it...don't watch it.
My experiences are purely personal, and obviously subjective, but i have
been able to obtain desired rare/discontinued/valued elements in a manner
that is reasonalby easy and at a price I am comfortable with; I consider
this an asset.

On a similar note, eBay allows me to sell off elements I don't need to
someone who really wants them...Occasionally I feel pangs of guilt/regret at
having pieces I have no use for sitting in a box somewhere...now I can turn
them into modest amounts of cash to support my hobby...

eBay is not perfect ...but it suits my needs...

I have tried to sell/trade items here and on RTL as much as possible, but
the simple truth is that "not everyone who colects/builds Lego subscribes to
Lugnet and RTL" and reads the Auction or Buy/Sell/Trade announcements...
OK ....rant over...time to sort....and hopefully Build  = )