 Marketplace / Theory / 1106
Re: Feedback.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:56:54 GMT

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.theory, Tony Kilaras writes:

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...
I buy alot off eBay.....I always leave feedback (except for 1 instance I
just realized)

Considering I pay in hour to 3 days, I am suprised at how little feedback • is
posted towards me ....

I generally don't solicit it, but I would really like to break the 25
barrier (considering I have had twice as many transactions)

EBay is for the lazy and uninformed. The prices are simply .absurd.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE......

In addition to your comment being off topic....I find it insulting,
condescending, and unwarranted (many of the reasons I only read RTL once a
week)

Off topic, in Lugnet.Market.Theory. how so?

RTL was great before the life got sucked out of it by Lugnet (not
necessarily a good or bad thing, just a fact of life). You do know that
there was life before Lugnet right?

I live in retail Siberia.....I am unable to get the sets I want at less • than
full MSRP...

Where is retail Siberia?

I would neither describe myself as lazy or uninformed:

1. I have been collecting Lego for over 25 years
2. Although I am new to Lugnet and RTL (1 year), I
    have actively researched my hobby and my spending

I agree that some items are way over-valued TO ME....but that doesn't make
it so for others...I had some Yellow Castle slopes that I had no use
for....another Lugnet member paid $40 for these...to that person, it was a
reasonable price.  I view eBay as a venue where people can obtain what they
want at a price they are comfortable with...

The economics lessons are not necessary.

eBay is not an ideal environment...but it has been a true resource for my
collection and my projects.  I have obtained many Castle/Pirate/Space sets
at less (or 1/2) MSRP in MIB or excellent condition...

I collect Town/Train. Maybe EBay is better for other themes but it sucks for
Town.

On a similar note, eBay allows me to sell off elements I don't need to
someone who really wants them...Occasionally I feel pangs of guilt/regret • at
having pieces I have no use for sitting in a box somewhere...now I can turn
them into modest amounts of cash to support my hobby...

For sellers, eBay is great. For buyers it's not.