 Marketplace / Theory / 1097
Re: Feedback.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:54:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes:
My problem as a buyer is that I've got so much stuff coming in that I never
get around to all the feedback. There are also some sellers I have bought
from multiple times which I owe a bunch of feedbacks (being able to leave
only one feedback per day is a pain). I hope someday eBay gives buyers and
sellers views of the recent transactions and associated feedback so one can
more easily keep track of feedback.

Frank

I use Outlook for my email, your options may be different, but here is what I
have:

I made a subfolder in my inbox for email from ebay. (listing, bid notices,
etc.)
Then I put a follow-up flag on every end of auction email I get.  When I leave
feedback, I change it to "flag complete."  I can sort by flag status and see
who I owe feedback.

I made a text file with Word Pad that I put all the feedback I gave in it.
(Copied and pasted from MyEbay page)  I then go through all the feedback I
have received and for each one I got, I delete it from the list.  What is left
is those who "owe me feedback."  Keeping it up to date is pretty easy, since
all I have to do is add the most recent feedbacks at the top and delete ones
when they give it to me.

This insures that I never miss giving anybody feedback and also lets me catch
all that "owe" me feedback.  It only took a little while to set it up and it
does indeed save time when it comes to giving feedback, since the link with
the item # is in the end of auction feedback and then you can just cut and
paste the ID for the other person.

A quick check of the file shows I have:

10 - recent
6 - delinquint (have emailed once for follow-up)
2 - lost (won't get fedback from - either a dead account or a bad bidder)

Every so often, I prompt those who are recent with an email and then add them
to the delinquint section, which reminds me that I already emailed them.

Kind of a bummer that I have 16 that I would expect, since I have 2 more days
to pass 100, which is still 13 positives away. (way more than I can get in 2
days).  I suppose it will be March before I can make Power Seller status.

How do you like your turquoise star, Frank?  I am still surprised you didn't
bid on my Palm Trees, though.  I guess you finally got enough vegetation to
share with the rest of us, huh?  We can only hope you reach that point with
windows soon.  ;-)

Mike