 Marketplace / Theory / 1109
Re: hidden Lego product
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:36:26 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

In lugnet.market.theory, Ray Sanders writes:
I guess the moral of the story would be: if large amounts of product
suddenly vanish just after christmas, they may be in storage. If I had
had a specific UPC number, she was willing to go look for it. The boxes
are externally coded as to contents.

Hmmm, would the UPC # be a useful addition to the Pause DB?  Does the UPC #
change from market to market (e.g. between U.S. and Germany)?

The UPC number is easily generated (at least in the US). Just take the
TLC identification part and append the set number (as a five digit
number). Thus, Fright Force (6031) would be 42884 06031. Certain sets
(like the xmas WalMart bundle) have a five digit number that does not
fit this model. European sets may have a different number (such as the
6464 I got thru zainybrainy.com). Does anyone know if 42884 is for TLC
US only ?

Ray