 Marketplace / Theory / 1103
1102  |  1104
Subject:
hidden Lego product
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 02:15:14 GMT

I had a fascinating conversation with a K-Mart toy dept manager today.
The Lego stock seemed to have been somewhat obliterated since my last
visit. I then noticed a box with a number of 5958s being packed up. I
asked her what she was going to do with those. She told me that certain
products (for example 1999 year Legos) were being packed away because of
reassignments of shelf space. These items would be stored 'upstairs'
until she had space on her clearance shelf (which could take several
months) or until next Christmas. So it seems that she has product to
sell, but no shelf space to display it.

I guess the moral of the story would be: if large amounts of product
suddenly vanish just after christmas, they may be in storage. If I had
had a specific UPC number, she was willing to go look for it. The boxes
are externally coded as to contents.

Ray

--
mailto:rsanders@svic.net
Experienced Macintosh developer seeks telecomuting position.