 Marketplace / Theory / 1065
Re: Proportion of bad bidders on eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:47:11 GMT

Larry P wrote:
I had one bidder whinge about fixed shipping charges being too high, and
some other misc whinges from other bidders lead me to believe that there
is a non zero fraction of bidders that don't read the listings very
carefully.
Bidders like that may well be more likely to renege on someone across
the pond after they realise what the shipping is going to be.

You're certainly right about people not reading the listings carefully
:-)

All my deadbeats have been N American and I do quite a lot of
international orders - I encourage them. Just worked it out... 21%
non-USA so far this year. It may well be though that non-US
international bidders are far more aware of shipping costs than USA'ers
bidding on lots elsewhere in the world.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page: