 Marketplace / Theory / 1032
1031  |  1033
Subject:
Popula, the quirkiest auction site?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:55:17 GMT

First, a disclaimer: I have nothing for sale here, never even bid on
something, but I did register and do get some propaganda from them
weekly.

http://www.popula.com/

This is a very interesting outfit. Nothing to do with LEGO per se, but
interesting.

By contrast, Serious Collector is going for, to me, the epitome of
dignified.

Popula is going for, to me, the epitome of hip/funky.

They seem to be doing OK. Not huge... about 1000 lots right now, mostly
books and music. Is a niche market the way to compete against eBay?

SC is doing way better, 3000 lots just in toys, although apparently not
a single LEGO lot, (or I am missing the way stuff is categorised) which
must be a disappointment to Derick.

No, i was wrong, there are 6:
http://www.seriouscollector.com/auction/category.cfm?categoryID=961

--