 Marketplace / Theory / 1068
Re: Popula, the quirkiest auction site?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:49 GMT

Any ideas why lugnetters are not using TSC, aside from the fact that their
auctions would be lonely there?  I mean, are other people seeing flaws or
disadvantages that I do not see?

Probably the same reason people mostly stopped using BRICKS (which is
now dead, but not simply due to low usage) - sellers list things not
buyers and sellers want to make money.  eBay is where all the money
is, since it has 1000x more buyers than anyone else.

The Serious Collector's prices are even worse than eBay (no, I didn't think
this was possible either). Plus, the auctions semed to take forever to end.