 Marketplace / Theory / 1062
Re: Proportion of bad bidders on eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:08:17 GMT

Transatlantic shipping may be part of the issue.

I had one bidder whinge about fixed shipping charges being too high, and
some other misc whinges from other bidders lead me to believe that there
is a non zero fraction of bidders that don't read the listings very
carefully.

Bidders like that may well be more likely to renege on someone across
the pond after they realise what the shipping is going to be.

So far I have a pretty good record of completions, no deal has gone 100%
sour yet.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!