 Marketplace / Theory / 1066
1065  |  1067
Subject:
Ingenous eBay advertising posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 01:53:09 GMT

I wonder if I am the only one who rolls my eyes when I read eBay
advertising posts which read something like "price still only $x... or
40% of retail cost... and 3 days to go". Some people even sound really
*worried* about it.

This is really silly - anyone who has bid on even a single auction on
eBay, or sold anything, knows that the final value of the lot goes up by
leaps and bounds in the last day, even the last hours, and the price 3
days before the auction ends has absolutely nothing to do with what it
finally goes for.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page: