 Marketplace / Theory / 1077
Re: Disingenuous eBay advertising posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:46:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
It's not really a "misinformation tactic" per se.  As someone who does it • (yes,
flame away), I've found that the traffic does pick up--although one can • never know
if that was the reason.  I've also used it as a way of drumming up interest • in a
lot that somehow had a poorly worded title (or typo title, aigh--never • leave out
"Lego").

I really hate that all the LEGO auctions which are all in the category
LEGO have to waste title space with LEGO (and some make sure they catch
stupid searchers and add Legos also).

Well I'm afraid I do search for "LEGO" quite often. Also does a "lego" search
pick up "legos"?

I mean really, if you want to look
at all the LEGO items, look at the category. For the same reason I'm
getting a little bugged by the FA in lugnet.market.auction headers.

Well, if only auctions posted in that group we could bet rid of this. What
does bother me, are posters who do the opposite on r.t.l.

Scott A

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com