 Marketplace / Shopping / 8646
Re: Is 4561 a bargain for $90? Was Re: Let the Target-hunting begin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:07:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rose Regner writes:
Unfortunately I am not able to be much help with this topic. I went to the
Target by my house to return the toy. They gave me full credit for the toy.
So I went back by the toys to see if they were on clearance and they were
not. So the two Targets in my town don't have the exact same things on
clearance. Their sign does say that Holiday and seasonal items will be
credited at the clearance sale price. Now the interpretation is whether toys
are considered seasonal, I think some stores will say yes.

The gal also stated that they changed their return policy shortly before
Christmas. If you don't have a receipt they will let you exchange the item
for something of the same price.

Thanks for checking, Rose!  At my local Target (and I suspect many others) the
toys are not classified as seasonal (with a few exceptions as the one below).
When I was there today a salesperson told me that the Christmas items are going
to 75% off tomorrow (Sunday) morning, but she didn't think the toys would
change yet.  But those Matchbox and Hotwheel cardboard stocking three packs ARE
considered seasonal and should be around 75 cents tomorrow. I hope to grab a
few of those in addition to a gift pack of spices in little round tins a la
Martha Stewart-- and the tacky boxer shorts of course!  I'll check the toy
(read LEGO) prices while I'm there.

Maggie