 Marketplace / Shopping / 8568
Re: Let the Target-hunting begin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:20:35 GMT

The target I was at today had 3 or 4 4561 Railway Express sets for $90.  Is this
a good price for this set?  I'm mainly into technics.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Walsh
  To: lugnet.market.shopping@lugnet.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 12:11 PM
  Subject: Re: Let the Target-hunting begin.

  "John Radtke" <jaradtke@mindspring.com> wrote in message
  news:GosxEK.D0L@lugnet.com...
  > In lugnet.market.shopping, Joel Kuester writes:
  > >Hello,

  [ ... snipped ... ]

  > Score!  Joel, you are an angel.  Thanks for the heads up.  Any chance you
  > can work a miracle on my wallet now and allow me a second trip?  :)
  >
  > Your prices are basically right on.  $10 sets are $6.90, Droid Escape
  $4.40,
  > same 30-35% they often do online.  Also saw:
  > A-wing $10.40
  > AT-ST $6.90
  > BattleDroid Carrier $6.90
  > Women's Team $6.90
  > other old soccer also marked down
  > 2001 Alpha Team sets were about the only thing immune to the red tags
  >
  > Happy hunting everyone and enjoy the holidays!
  >
  > John

  I stopped by my local Target (Cary, NC) while I was out this morning and
  found that markdowns had been made on LEGO (and lots of other toys).
  Selection was a little different than above, I suspect largely due to what
  they have left after the Christmas shopping season.  No Slave/Landspeeder
  combo packs and no A-Wing's either but I did find Exploding Banks for $20.
  I haven't seen one of these in a while and assumed they had been clearanced
  and I just never heard about it.

  Prices seem to be either 25% off or 33% off.  In addition to the clearance
  items on the normal shelves, our Target had a clearance area right inside
  the front door with tons of LEGO stuff.  I don't think I have ever seen this
  much stuff on clearance at this Target ever.

  Now the waiting and gambling game begins - buy it now or wait for the price
  to go down?  I will probably wait for the 50% round (except for the
  Exploding Banks which I bought today).  Very little makes it to 75% off
  here, so waiting for the final round of clearance usually means you end up
  with nothing!

  Mike

  http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
  http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders