 Marketplace / Shopping / 8642
Re: Is 4561 a bargain for $90? Was Re: Let the Target-hunting begin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:50:35 GMT

Unfortunately I am not able to be much help with this topic. I went to the
Target by my house to return the toy. They gave me full credit for the toy.
So I went back by the toys to see if they were on clearance and they were
not. So the two Targets in my town don't have the exact same things on
clearance. Their sign does say that Holiday and seasonal items will be
credited at the clearance sale price. Now the interpretation is whether toys
are considered seasonal, I think some stores will say yes.

The gal also stated that they changed their return policy shortly before
Christmas. If you don't have a receipt they will let you exchange the item
for something of the same price.

Rose
"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:Gp1ExD.BGw@lugnet.com...
Well I will let you know tomorrow. I just got the gift receipt for a • Target
brand item (toy) that I know is now on clearance. I know it was bought at
full price.

Rose
"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:Gp14xA.FAD@lugnet.com...
Target's new policy is that if an item is on clearance when you return • it,
you only get the clearance price value.

Rose

[ ... snipped ... ]

Even if you have the receipt?  That doesn't make any sense.  I know they • do
that if you return something without the receipt but if you have it, • they
should refund what you paid for it.  Is that policy only for clearance
items?

TRU does something similar.  If you return something without a receipt, • they
give you gift card for the lowest price the item was offered in the last • 45
days.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders