 Marketplace / Shopping / 8613
Re: Is 4561 a bargain for $90? Was Re: Let the Target-hunting begin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:35:41 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Heidemann writes:
The target I was at today had 3 or 4 4561 Railway Express sets for $90.
Is this a good price for this set?  I'm mainly into technics.

What I would do is buy one at that price if you don't have one.  Then if any
are left when they are reduced further, either buy another at the lower price
and return it with the receipt from the $90 one or, if you like the parts, keep
it.

I wouldn't call it a technic person's dream set, but if you can get one for
under $40 (Target's final price should be $32.44 if they last), it is
definitely worth it.

Since there are people that will buy train motors from it for fairly good
cash (I'll take *all* (as in *no* upper limit) anyone wants to sell from the
set at 15 each shipped via slowmail, others offer more money I bet) and the
controller is worth 10 easy (it's a 20++ list item) you get a bunch of track
and bricks and stuff for almost free if you can find them at that price.