 Marketplace / Shopping / 8614
Re: Shopping report - no great deals yet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:37:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Sinasohn writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward writes:

That's much better than what I saw yesterday.  Do you know when those
prices took effect?

Actually, Christmas Eve in San Leandro

In the Napa-Solano county area they were reduced Dec. 23rd.  Fairfield Target
had shelves bursting with LOM 7313 and 7314 (the mecha-esque sets), but by the
very next day they were gone! Breaks my heart to be so darn cheap that I didn't
buy any.

Also, does Target match the prices of other stores in the area?  IOW,
if the price hasn't been lowered at my local store(s), do I have to go
to San Lenadro to get the cheap Watto?

As Mike said, I think you'd have to go to that store.

A few weeks ago I tried to get Target to price match an item from a Walgreen's
ad and was told that between Thanksgiving and something like January 6 Target
isn't price matching.  I guess I gave her such an incredulous (not angry, mind
you) look that she relented and matched the price for me though.  It's ALWAYS
worth asking.

El Cerrito Target has a bunch of the Soccer combo packs, and several Women's
soccer team at $6.90, but no Watto's and little else on sale.

Yeah, same here.  Even the Playmobil and those LOTR clone sets are depleted.
What they DO have lots of is those loud Christmas print men's boxer shorts.  If
they go to 90% off, I know what my brothers-in-law are getting next Christmas!
:-)

Maggie C. (where M.C. also stands for 'Mazingly Cheap!)