 Marketplace / Shopping / 8609
Re: Shopping report - no great deals yet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:41:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward writes:

That's much better than what I saw yesterday.  Do you know when those
prices took effect?

Actually, Christmas Eve in San Leandro

Is the soccer pack http://guide.lugnet.com/set/78800 ?  The MSRP is
not listed for that set.  But based on the price of the 3403 Fans'
Grandstand with Scoreboard, which is one of the 3 sets in 78800 and
MSRP's at $15, it sounds like a good deal.

Yes, that's the combo pack I saw

MSRP for Watto's junkyard is $50; T-3 Trike and flash speeder, $10;
roboriders and droid escape, $6.  So it looks like mostly you saw the
same 30% off that I saw, but Watto was half price.  The Wattos I saw
were about 30% off IIRC.

Also, does Target match the prices of other stores in the area?  IOW,
if the price hasn't been lowered at my local store(s), do I have to go
to San Lenadro to get the cheap Watto?

As Mike said, I think you'd have to go to that store.

El Cerrito Target has a bunch of the Soccer combo packs, and several Women's
soccer team at $6.90, but no Watto's and little else on sale.

Paul