 Marketplace / Shopping / 4629
Re: Order Cancellations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:54:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rob Doucette writes:
I have extremely low expectations of most on-line stores, and in this case,
almost zero time invested, which allows me to say "Oh Well..."

If I had received a store promo flyer in the mail, called the store to hold
the sets for me, driven across town to Kay Bee and had my order canceled it
would be a different story.

I have taken the time to send extremely well thought out critiques of
on-line experiences and they have all dropped into a black hole, never to be
replied to ... correcting the evils of on-line toy stores does not make it
onto my radar screen.

To those of you who would like to take this up as a 'cause', you have my
full support (sincerely, I'm not being sarcastic).

-Rob.

I know how you feel, as I have been fighting a number of these battles in the
last few months.  And I hope you did not think I was replying directly about
your "Oh well..." comment.  I was just using that sentiment, which many have
expressed and I have felt at times, to raise the issue of what I see happening
more often in retailing:  a "get out" quick scheme from e-tailers.  No offense
intended.  I did send a reply to KBKids.com, but I am not expecting any change
to the present scenario.

Dave
All opionons expressed are my own.