 Marketplace / Shopping / 4626
Re: Order Cancellations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:46:29 GMT

"David W. Speck" <dwspeck@us.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:FxyCnx.L01@lugnet.com...
That's what bothers me.  We just say "Oh well".  Is that it?  I find it
upsetting to see items move from BackOrdered to Canceled.  First it was • the
WBStore, then Wal-Mart and now KBKids.  This seems to be a growing trend • with
on-line shopping, retailers can easily recover from "unexpected demand" by
simply canceling orders or ending sales early.  Another recent encounter • was
with E-Stamp software and a free HP printer after rebate.  That's another • area,
I know, and it took a lot of calling and arguing to get the rebate honored • (as
they ended the sale a week early, but did not post the early closure on • their
website).  But should we just accept this?  Or is there something we can • do
about it?

I have extremely low expectations of most on-line stores, and in this case,
almost zero time invested, which allows me to say "Oh Well..."

If I had received a store promo flyer in the mail, called the store to hold
the sets for me, driven across town to Kay Bee and had my order canceled it
would be a different story.

I have taken the time to send extremely well thought out critiques of
on-line experiences and they have all dropped into a black hole, never to be
replied to ... correcting the evils of on-line toy stores does not make it
onto my radar screen.

To those of you who would like to take this up as a 'cause', you have my
full support (sincerely, I'm not being sarcastic).

-Rob.