 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7271
Re: What's with Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 03:12:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Get your browser working, it's worth it. BrickBay is awesome, Dan Jezek is
wicked fast (1-1.5 orders of magnitude faster than Todd, I'd say, based on
feature accretion rates, although we'll see how well architected it is a year
from now) and it's getting better EVERY DAY. That's not just marketing hype,
every day I find something Dan just added. Todd better watch out, he's about
to lose first mover in this space, if he ever had it... Dan's site is a
serious threat and gaining fast.

Here here!  I haven't even sold anything on Brickbay yet (will tomorrow tho
<g>) and I'm already amazed at it.

Plus Dan responds to suggestions very quickly. It may help that I'm a good
customer, I've bought 1K USD worth of parts from various vendors already.

Ditto to that.  I just noticed a "storewide percentage off sale" feature that
I (and maybe others) mentioned to Dan just once a few weeks ago - and here it
is!  That'll make it easy for me to clear out "old" inventory before I put up
new parts.

Dan's done an incredible job with Brickbay.  I've never had a problem getting
the site to work.  Now I'm ready to put it to work, and like I've said before
in my numerous attempts over the years to spur someone (anyone, not just Todd)
into making this a reality - I'm willing and happy to pay for it.