 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7368
Re: What's with Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 02:46:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I'm kinda anti-javascript, anti .asp myself, see past rants all over Lugnet
and elsewhere about this topic.

I understand your dislike of Javascript since it depends on what browser
you're using but what do you have against ASP?  It's strictly a server-side
language that doesn't affect you as the client at all.  What's bad about ASP
that's OK with .CFM , .PL, .CGI?

Compared to .PL and .CGI? It's MS proprietary. Other than that it's fine.

++Lar

Besides, who wants to support Microsoft if they don't have to! I just finished
creating a new architecture for my companies website using Java Servlets, XML
and XSLT. The nice thing about XML and XSLT is that they are both standardized,
so you shouldn't have to worry about portability!

John