 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7265
7264  |  7266
Subject:
What's with Brickbay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:44:33 GMT

What's with Brickbay? I have been totally unable to use it at home. Every time
I click on a category in someone's shop, that Internet Explorer window hangs
and I have to ctrl-alt delete to recover (though other windows continue to
work, though painfully slowly). I'm not sure if I can use it at work (I think
I tried and got stuck on Javascript - see below for my woes with that...).

I'm increasingly finding web commerce sites unuseable because they assume
you're running the latest browser and have Javacrud enabled (I disable
Javacrud at work because it almost consistently crashes Netscape, where I use
NS 3.01 for two reasons - #1, they decided that the window arrangement for
mail and news that I use is no longer usefull, and #2 I have tried recently to
get a newer Netscape running and have failed [tried this because our Helpless
Desk decided that their web site should require the latest Netscape for use]).
Internet Explorer isn't an option currently at work (I have an AIX machine,
though I am hoping to eventually get a Windows machine because Lotus Notes is
almost impossible to use from any other platform. The result may be that I
have three office machines, one AIX machine for legacy code support, one Linux
machine for current development, and a Windows machine for Notes, oh, and
possibly a 4th machine if I want to be able to test the Linux kernel's I'll be
modifying without hosing my development machine).

Sorry for the rant...
Frank