 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 384
Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:21:00 GMT

Does anyone know if they really have any legal standing on this? It seems • a
bit far fetched to me.

I don't think they have any legal grounds, but IANAL.

I think it would be beneficial to organize a boycott of LEGO buyers and
sellers on eBay.  It would be cool for someone to draft an announcement to
LUGNET, to the market groups, to the major websites.  If the LUGNET admins
are willing to support it, it could appear on the main page of LUGNET.
Also, the same with Brickshelf, and of course BrickBay itself (admins
willing).

It should also be noted that MANY Brickbay shops point users to eBay
(Including mine!)...  Would they be willing to loose this!?

Also, it would be beneficial to register a formal complaint from signatories
representing the LEGO community.  A petition, whoever wants to sign it.  I'm
sure with the proper publicity, we could have a large number of people
jumping on the bandwagon with it.

Maybe a defence by-way-of TLG!?  Little far fetched for an "unoffical Lego
site", but, hey, can it hurt to try at least!?  I'm SURE LEGO knows that
Brickbay is there, they have the mind set to leave it alone, right!?  And
I'm sure it does help in sales...
Josh

This is silly.  eBay is big enough they don't have to whine like this.
Their lawyers need something better to do.

-Tim