 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 392
Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:01:32 GMT

Wow...I just finished reading the thread in the BrickBay forum...what utter
nonesense.

A suggestion was made to register displeasure with eBay over this issue, and
I agree. An organized boycott (another suggestion) would likely do a world
of good as well.

I'm an eBay user and I don't think that it would be of any use to do a
boycott. It seems to me that no matter what you want to do against eBay, it
is a lost cause. They just don't care! They make millions anyway so why
would you spend energy for some vandetta. That would only give'em more power!
Since I started with eBay, I noticed that the Lego prices have dropped
dramatically, especially since last july with the merge of eBay.de.
There is more and more Legos for sale and the price can only drop.

I actually had much better deals on Lugnet directly with other AFOL and
create a relationship with buyers. Places like Lugnet, Brickbay (for now),
or others must be encouraged. Don't spend ANY energy against ebay but spend
a lot of energy towards the good guys like I mantionned. Lugnet IS OUR
COMMUNITY and let's work together to make it grow!

Perhaps, with some input from Kevin, I could write a form
letter, or a petition could be developed, that everyone concerned could use
to this end? Any suggestions/thoughts?

PEACE works better than fight or hate!!! Look at MLK or Gandy!!
AFOLs should be and ARE "constructive" so it should stay that way and work
TOGETHER. And pray for a better place.

Have a blessed day and always Play Well!!!

Friendly yours, Jean-Marc (#98)

And if it comes down to having to pick a new name, I would suggest
www.BrickBank.com, but it's currently expired and un-hosted, and doesn't
seem to be available to get right now.

Matt