 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 361
Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:40:51 GMT

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> writes:
I see no one has yet posted it here... I think:
http://www.brickbay.com/message.asp?ID=5443

Looks like Brickbay may have to move!?

Conserned Brickbayer, Boycotting eBayer...

Ever since I first heard of Brickbay I have been wondering why this
hasn't happened sooner.  It's so obvious that if there was no eBay,
BrickBay would never have been called that.  It's clearly a trademark
violation.

But as I posted on the forum there, don't give up without a fight - if
eBay wants BrickBay to cease and desist, the least they can do is pay
for it.  I think the BrickBay admins should sell the domain to eBay
for a big chunk o' change, and then buy a new domain with the
proceeds.  Compared to the cost of a legal battle, it'll be cheap for
eBay to do.

--Bill.