 Marketplace / Auctions / 4110
  item prices

I think for you people who are collectors ebay is perfect. But for people who just want some stuf for their kids its awfull. $300 for something that originally costs only $120 is for a collector great but not for my kind of people. especialy if you (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) I agree that hoarding lots of the same set is a little strange, but eBay isn't just high priced collector's items. Take a look at my only current auction: (URL) are great sets for kids, at HALF PRICE. You don't have to be a collector to (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) Well, the market does determines prices. If I want to buy item X, which was 120.00 originally, and I had to bid 300.00 to get item x, I will. Most of the LEGO sets I have seen fluctuate, depending on a number of factors. I made some money on a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) that (...) Thats true. But what I mean is; why is someone buying of item x 10 sets? In my opinion just to make a lot of money later on. And I followed ebay for a while and there are a lot of people who have some sets already and still buy some (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

Hans, (...) What's wrong with making money? IMO, there is nothing wrong with buying anything for any reason. If I buy extra food for the winter, store it, and don't use it, and then maybe sell it at a higher price, is that wrong? If you have the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) I'm going to add to what Scott said. I sold 6 copies of 4555 to Tom S., for around what it cost me. I sold 7 copies of _the same set_ for around the same amout to 4 other individuals, and just covered my costs (got something in trade, which (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) I am one of those 4 other individuals. Thanks, James! When you offered to get the sets for us at cost, you requested that we not just auction the sets off on Ebay, because you didn't want to go to the trouble of getting the sets and mailing (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

I'm sure you meant attics ;-) 1 - I buy sets I NEED, whether they are duplicates or not. Right now, I am buying any set I can get that has Rolling Garage Doors, JUST for the doors. I have won several sets in the last week or 2 that will be parted (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) It was more because I traded 3 of the sets to him, and sold him 3. It was on a separate understanding (not trying to be rude, but I couldn't cover more than $1500 on my credit card...the US money stays as US money for me to pay for more lego (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) Oh no, not at all (at least in MY case) - sometimes only a few sets (or ONE set) have a part you need for a custom creation. If it takes 20 of that set to finish your creation, well, you're going to try to buy 20, whether it is all at once or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) Yep, and James did it KNOWING I was going to keep 2-4, and Ebay the others. In fact, my NEED for them hinted to him that maybe he should buy a few extra for himself ;-) Of course, I'm only selling 2. I MAY sell 2 more, I may not, I am (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

I was intending to auction 2-4 off from the very beginning, and James knew that. But I also sent him a set that is running VERY high prices on Ebay, so he made out fine ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

Hans van Loenen schreef: (...) Not everybody here's a millionair... I bought several of the cheap Shell 1999 promo's to use for trades/sale, so I can keep adding other sets which I otherwise would not be able to add to my collection. But why are you (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) I don't think anyone should have to explain themselves, as to why they decide what to sell and what to keep, except in very rare occurances. But I don't think Eric was intending to start anything either by asking, he was just curious, I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

In lugnet.market.auction, Tom Stangl writes: Tom What are you looking to build that needs 10 5571's????? I only have 7 and Milissa keeps saying sell, sell, sell, and I'm saying keep, keep, keep. Maybe you're ideas can help me convince her!!!! Mark (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) A big "ditto" from me here--for example, I bought about 14 Sith Infiltrators on clearance, and I've parted four out and auctioned most of the pieces off--which provided enough to pay for the other ten! The goal is for my hobby to support (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) No, seriously, I don't give a rat's patootie about *any* set put out by TLC- I bust'em all up [1]. I don't even build them-- I let my kids. Then they get cannibalized. Right now I'm half way through an observation car that required (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  (canceled)

  Re: item prices

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <388FE5BF.171A36CE@p...su.edu>... (...) of hours, (...) twitching, GMLTC (...) While there are many sets I would do this with, if I lucked onto a Metroliner, I would either keep the Metroliner as is (of course I am into (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) Hmm... I was fortunate in the Metroliner in that I bought it when I was going to Ohio State when it was on the shelves and didn't have any bills then. I would never sell it or give it up because 1) I love it, and 2) I am planning on getting (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) I'll offer you 50 Gold Coin (lego of course) (...) Martin (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) I have to apolagise. I didn't mean to rub anyones feathers. I'm reasanably new on lugnet and ebay and I really got the wrong impression of it. Most of the people that responded on my item prices are hardcore lego freaks who are trying to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

(...) Yeah, if I weren't so lazy I'd prolly sell my useless 6 wide Metroliner parts as well. -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: item prices

Martin Legault wrote in message ... (...) parts (...) Metroliner (...) parts). (...) for (...) beat. (...) Well, that is an outrageous sum, but in the wrong direction... Frank (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)