 Marketplace / Auctions / 4119
Re: item prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:49:29 GMT

When you offered to get the sets for us at cost, you requested that
we not just auction the sets off on Ebay, because you didn't want to
go to the trouble of getting the sets and mailing them to us just
so that we could make more profit.  Now that was fine with me,
because I wasn't intending to auction the sets.

It was more because I traded 3 of the sets to him, and sold him 3. It was on a
separate understanding (not trying to be rude, but I couldn't cover more than
$1500 on my credit card...the US money stays as US money for me to pay for more
lego train stuff...

But I'm surprised
to read that Tom S. is auctioning them on Ebay.  (Actually, I don't
see any auction on Ebay ... were you just illustrating the point
or was he *intending* to auction them on Ebay.

I knew he was going to auction off some of them, after he had agreed to trade a
4549 with me for 3 of the sets. Rest assured, I paid for toms sets out of my
pocket, not with profits off the deal..which I doubt there were any(!).  He had
bought 4 (my original offer) and then he said he had lucked out with DYA and
gotten the 4549's and 4547's...I wanted a 4549, so a agreement was reached
(separate from the rest of you)

The idea I had was to give the most people the most pleasure from the sets.  It
is why I did it the way I did.  The people who got my sets are happy (I hope!),
I'm happy, and Tom is also happy.

That Tom had to auction off (so far) 2 of the 4555's was part of the
understanding that we had.  I _knew_ I could have gotten a higher price than
what I offered them to him at, and I know he could have charged more for the
4549 than what he did.

(the 4549 is a really neat set BTW :)  Now I want the 2 other freight train
sets, and the Croc, and I will be happy.  I'm not really after a 4547, because
I have built up a train without it, and cannot afford what multi copies would
cost me.

James P