 Marketplace / Auctions / 4122
Re: item prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:03:49 GMT

Hans van Loenen schreef:

Thats true. But what I mean is; why is someone buying of item x 10 sets?
In my opinion just to make a lot of money later on. And I followed ebay for a
while and there are a lot of people who have some sets already and still buy
some more. Almost all sets are MIB and unopend. So why did they baught them if
they never used them?

Not everybody here's a millionair...

I bought several of the cheap Shell 1999 promo's to use for trades/sale, so
I can keep adding other sets which I otherwise would not be able to add to
my collection.

But why are you looking on Ebay anyway? I saw you're located in the
Netherlands, so am I.... if you want cheap LEGO, you're usually better off
at toy stores like Intertoys, Bart Smit or Toys'r'Us. Most items on Ebay or
the Lugnet groups are older sets, no longer available... and like with
anything that people want while it isn't made anymore, it drives prices up,
sometimes through the roof :-(
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com