 Marketplace / Auctions / 4112
Re: item prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:09:26 GMT

Hans van Loenen wrote:

I think for you people who are collectors ebay is perfect. But for people who
just want some stuf for their kids its awfull. $300 for something that
originally costs only $120 is for a collector great but not for my kind of
people. especialy if you look at the people who are buying the stuff. They
probably have their adicts full of the same item. Maybe I'm a dummie but that
stinks.

Well, the market does determines prices. If I want to buy item X, which
was 120.00 originally, and I had to bid 300.00 to get item x, I will.
Most of the LEGO sets I have seen fluctuate, depending on a number of
factors. I made some money on a few sets, and others, barely any. There
are a lot of LEGO sets on Ebay, and if you can't find one of them, look
somewhere else. It will surface again. I think you should be happy that
there is E-Bay at all, I would not have some of the sets I always wanted
to buy without it, where I was too young and didn't have the money to
then.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com