 Marketplace / Auctions / 4114
Re: item prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:54:43 GMT

Hans,

Hans van Loenen wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Hans van Loenen wrote:

They
probably have their adicts full of the same item. Maybe I'm a dummie but • that
stinks.

Well, the market does determines prices. If I want to buy item X, which
was 120.00 originally, and I had to bid 300.00 to get item x, I will.
Most of the LEGO sets I have seen fluctuate, depending on a number of
factors. I made some money on a few sets, and others, barely any. There
are a lot of LEGO sets on Ebay, and if you can't find one of them, look
somewhere else. It will surface again. I think you should be happy that
there is E-Bay at all, I would not have some of the sets I always wanted
to buy without it, where I was too young and didn't have the money to
then.

Scott S.

Thats true. But what I mean is; why is someone buying of item x 10 sets?
In my opinion just to make a lot of money later on. And I followed ebay for a
while and there are a lot of people who have some sets already and still buy
some more. Almost all sets are MIB and unopend. So why did they baught them if
they never used them?

What's wrong with making money? IMO, there is nothing wrong with buying
anything for any reason. If I buy extra food for the winter, store it,
and don't use it, and then maybe sell it at a higher price, is that
wrong? If you have the money, go for it. Some people don't think it's
fair, but oh well. Don't support the people you don't agree with. For
example, I bought a few copies of set #1775 1) It is a cool plane, and
2) I bought a few extra to pay for the initial ones for me. If you don't
like it, feel free not to buy it. I found most of my auctions were
fairly reasonable, and some weren't.

This is an old argument, the prices should be fair, etc. ad nauseam ad
infinitum. There has been a huge line of debating on this subject
before, I think it was the Blue Hopper Mania in off-topic.debate, you
can see all sides of it there.

Scott S.