 Marketplace / Auctions / 4177
Re: item prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:54:49 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <388FE5BF.171A36CE@pilot.msu.edu>...
if I got a Metroliner or Club Car somehow that sucker
would be parted out and appearing in Space or Pirates MOCs within a matter • of hours,
and the track and train-specific bits would be up on eBay.  (Stop • twitching, GMLTC
people.)

While there are many sets I would do this with, if I lucked onto a
Metroliner, I would either keep the
Metroliner as is (of course I am into trains), or I would sell it. The parts
in it aren't worth the price premium. Now I have lucked into some Metroliner
parts (or you could say I lucked into some monorail parts, or both, I got
both in an eBay lot, for less than I would now pay for the monorail parts).
Of course if someone offered me an outrageous sum, or a real good trade for
similar parts, I'd probably let go of the Metroliner parts in a heart beat.

Here's a good example:  I bought a 4565 for a few (like 18) pieces, and • sold it sans
those parts to someone who wanted the rest of the set for the train gear--I • took a
tiny bit of a loss, but overall it was well worth it.

As the recipient of this set, I think we both made out pretty good. I was
interested in more 4565 parts, but really didn't need more cranes. I may
have to build my own naval shipyard to use all the cranes I have.

Frank