 Marketplace / Auctions / 2229
Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 08:11:39 GMT

   I received the email and retracted my bid.  I had bid on this prior to
realizing it was only boxes, no Lego.  When I noticed that it was only
boxes, I was glad to see that I had already been outbid.  By the time I got
the email, though, I was again the high bidder, due to the other guy
withdrawing his bid.  I notice that the current high bidder is from Japan.
I also know I have dealt with him before and his translation program (or his
English, although I am almost sure he uses a program) is terrible.  I am not
100% sure he knows the auction is for boxes only.  If someone could tell him
in his own tongue about this auction, I think he may want to retract his
bid, too.  I know Scott wasn't trying to be deceitful in any way (or I trust
him enough not to believe he was being deceitful) but with eBay and the
chance of anyone in the world bidding, I think it is very important to be
100% clear as possible.  I still laugh when I think about a man in the
Netherlands who was absolutely amazed by a couple early 80s sealed sets I
sold him (although, in the description, I tried to make it abundantly clear
the sets were sealed, he didn't know what that meant, I guess).  At any
rate, I am glad Scott emailed me, and hopefully no one else will be confused
by that auction.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Scott-A wrote in message ...
For the record, I have just mailed all the bidders and clarified the
situation. I have also given them instruction as to how they may retract
their bid.

The message read:

You have bid on my auction (above). I have received an e-mail which accused
me of being misleading when posting the auction announcement. Can I ask if
it was clear to you that the boxes were empty when you placed your bid?

Please reply, as I do not wish to be accused of deception.

You can retract your bid, if you wish to do so, by going to:
http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/retract-bid.html