 Marketplace / Auctions / 2211
Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:18:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Arthur writes:

I think the original description was perfectly clear to anyone with a good
understanding of English.

No, not especially.

The descriptor is : "6 Lego Soccer Starter Set Boxes".

Which can easily be interpreted two different ways.  While I do agree that
anyone who bid on them can't really complain too loudly about it, it is
(unintentionally, almost certainly) a bit misleading.

In any event, buyers are able to retract bids before an auction ends.

This is by far the more important fact.  I doubt you would begrudge anyone who
made an honest mistake the ability to correct it, right?

When you read "6 Lego Soccer Starter Set Boxes", what do you think you'll
get?

To be honest?  I would assume it was the full sets.  But seeing a lot of 6 of
them, and seeing the price so low, I would seek clarification.

Or how about this one: "45 ACP/10MM Berry's Ammunition Boxes"

This is a much different case, if you ask me.  Ammo boxes are commonly sold as
an item.  The box the ammo box comes in is not.  Neither are the boxes that
LEGO elements come packed in, usually.

Of course, I have seen the boxes from classic Star Wars toys (ie, from the
70's) sell for big bucks... but then again, those are a little more out of
circulation.

Follow-ups set to lugnet.market.theory.

eric