 Marketplace / Auctions / 2221
Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:02:49 GMT

Also for the record, Scott had appended his eBay posting to explicitly
state the boxes are empty *before* anyone here pointed out the possibly
misleading description. And Scott, sorry if my first contribution to this
thread sounded accusatory - I was skimming my e-mail and fired back a quick
response after checking the times of the bids and of your posting the
clarifying information. I, for one, certainly don't think you were
intentionally vague.

Upon first seeing the item on eBay I assumed the boxes were empty but it
wasn't crystal clear. If I'd been planning to bid I definitely would have
asked for more details.

And folks, when Scott said:

I'll concede that it is misleading if a Lego auction can be found which is
described in the same way.... but the boxes do contain Lego.

I think he meant if we could find another auction lot with a similar
description, e.g. "Lego racecar box" where *that* box contained Lego he
would concede the point. He wasn't talking about *his* boxes. (Right Scott?)

Doug

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Arthur writes:
For the record, I have just mailed all the bidders and clarified the
situation. I have also given them instruction as to how they may retract
their bid.

The message read:

You have bid on my auction (above). I have received an e-mail which accused
me of being misleading when posting the auction announcement. Can I ask if
it was clear to you that the boxes were empty when you placed your bid?

Please reply, as I do not wish to be accused of deception.

You can retract your bid, if you wish to do so, by going to:
http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/retract-bid.html