 Marketplace / Auctions / 2219
Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:20:04 GMT

Scott-A wrote:

Start
++++++++

Full Set
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=148538343

Pitch Plates
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=148540379

6 Boxes! (Don't ask)
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=148541280

Why did you say "don't ask" here? In particular you would WANT people to
ask, if they were confused... Don't forget that the  US meaning of "box"
includes a grandstand special seating area. Even more chance for
confusion.

++++++++
Stop

Clearly any reader would note the difference between "Full Set" & "6 Boxes"?

Clearly not, Scott. In many european countries where English is not the
first language, "box" and "set" are synonomous.

I have no idea what you meant by:

I'll concede that it is misleading if a Lego auction can be found which
is described in the same way.... but the boxes do contain Lego.

and I find that statement in some ways a bit fire-fueling. What LEGO(r)
do the boxes contain, specifically, if they are empty boxes?

Now you can continue to debate this point and make most of the stalwarts
annoyed, or you can concede that it's confusing. Really, arguing that
something is not confusing is a no-win argument... all we have to do is
produce people that were confused to refute it, and we have.

You may well be over debating this. It's clear as day to me that your
listing is confusing. In future you should be more explicit, and you
should modify/append your listing if you have not already to make it
clear that all you get is the box, AND you should notify all your
bidders to allow them to withdraw bids. Why not just do that (I think
you're doing most of it already) and stop debating?

lugnet.