 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 24
Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 04:35:53 GMT

At 04:51 PM 9/3/99 , Paul Foster wrote:
Greetings AFOL in WI, IL, OH, IN, MN, IA, MI

For those just joining us, we are discussing the
formations of a Lego Users Group similar to
http://www.nelug.org and http://www.baylug.org.

Currently the proposal is for the new site to
be located as gmlug.org.

Now I realize that this group will be covering a wide
area but what we can do is split down into regions
within the overall GM region.  The regions could be
determined by state or geography.  I believe a
Greater Midwest Lego Users Group can help to tie
our areas together while helping the smaller regions
that have low concentrations of AFOLs.

I like the idea of GMLUG, and the areas it covers.  I've been wanting a
Chicago legofest for a while, but haven't known a substantial number of
maniacs here.

I won't be able to contribute much of anything to the site, because of
other online commitments as well as school and another project I'm working
on.  If I wasn't spread so thin, I'd love to help out.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

'You have a pretty sexy voice for being a Lego maniac.'

   - Matt Dearman, while talking to me on the phone