 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 41
Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:07:03 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Stylistically it is neat. And it's a cool design exercise. However it
pretty clearly violates trade dress IMHO.

Yeah, well that was definitely the idea BUT perhaps TLG would choose to
ignore.  Would prolly have to contact their sharks first...

So I vote for a variant on the first one. Perhaps putting studs on some
faces of the bricks the way LUGNET did?

Well, then I think we are infringing on Todd's property.  I purposely
*didn't* put studs on it, but I guess that makes it a little too "corporate"
(I've been in the corporate logo design mode lately)  I'm kind of laughing
to myself because I put out two completely opposite ideas and of course
folks are almost divided evenly:-p  Way to promote group cohesiveness,
John;-)  I'll go back to the proverbial drawing board.  One question.  Do
folks want something official looking in general, or fun looking? [1]

-John

[1] I can hear the answer already... "yes";-)