 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 38
Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 06:00:38 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

I prefer the first one.  Possibly a little more definition on the vertices
of the cube, and a stud or two or three :)

I will share with you all my thinking on this shape.  I didn't want it to be
representational of a brick per se, but as a collection of two-dimensional
and three-dimensional geometric shapes.  I wanted to emphasize the different
possibilities and combinations that are feasible with Lego bricks.  So you
have a tri-colored hexagon, but you also have 3 differently colored diamond
shapes (or squares in prospective).  And (perhaps most obviously) you have 3
cubes.  One image, but different ways to look at it.  One medium (Lego
bricks) and many creative ways to construct them.  I chose kind of a fun font
to emphasize that this is a group of adult who play with toys{:^D
The colors just happen to be my favorite brick colors, orange and green,
along with there-from-the-beginning red.

As far as my thinking on the other logo goes, I'm not exactly sure from where
I got that idea...;-)

-John