 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 30
Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 03:30:09 GMT

A short update, I registered the domain Sunday,
now I am just waiting for account information
from Pair.  Anyone want to whip up a cool logo?

Paul
In lugnet.loc.us.mn, Paul Foster writes:
Greetings AFOL in WI, IL, OH, IN, MN, IA, MI

For those just joining us, we are discussing the
formations of a Lego Users Group similar to
http://www.nelug.org and http://www.baylug.org.

Currently the proposal is for the new site to
be located as gmlug.org.

Now I realize that this group will be covering a wide
area but what we can do is split down into regions
within the overall GM region.  The regions could be
determined by state or geography.  I believe a
Greater Midwest Lego Users Group can help to tie
our areas together while helping the smaller regions
that have low concentrations of AFOLs.

Any ways, enough rambling.  Anyone have any more
comments?  I'm proposing to register this name
Sunday so we have time for comments.  I'll probably
just go with a pair BASIC account, that would allow
people to add a personal email address of @gmlug.org
for $12 a year.

Anyone who lives in one of the states can join, there
will be no charge to just be a member and participate.

Once this gets rolling, we can look into and discuss
other options such as hosting small web pages/pictures
for a small membership fee.  Check out the NELUG page
for some examples.
--
Paul Foster
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/lego.html