 Local / United States / Texas / Houston / *32 (-20)
  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) Mine just has two bookcases, a futon couch and end table, a couple of beanbag chairs, a small TV table, and several large, full Target bags. Oh, plus the train and the box of pieces that I'm currently sorting. I spent all of my free time this (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) Mine's about that size but you lose a couple feet all the way around due to shelving and drawer units and a banquet table. Then you lose a couple more feet due to the boxes and bins of partially sorted pieces, built but unsold used sets and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  RE: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) Mine's about 12x11, big enough for 3 or 4 people sitting on the floor. Um, yeah, there are some boxes that aren't on the shelves yet, from 40% off sales. [1] (...) Mine is almost pristine, except for the train setup on the floor and the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  RE: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) That is correct. Didn't I say that? Maybe I never got that message sent. Or did I mention the other stuff (like Model Team, assorted 70's pieces and whatever new stuff catches my eye) but forget location? (...) I've been MOC-less recently, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) I could go for one every three to six months. I'm in the Montrose / River Oaks area. Doug didn't say, but I think he's in the Heights. I have been MOC-less recently. I would welcome a chance to just sit around and build with somebody. Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) I'd be willing to drive to College Station to meet. I'd also be willing to serve as the organizer to get this started. For everyone who is really interested, please send me an e-mail with preferences of meeting locations, frequency, ideas for (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) would (...) rotate (...) just (...) I know myself and another fellow here in College Station would be interested in meetings. We both like Pirates and Adventurers alot. He also likes Forestmen and Castle. I also like Divers, Arctic, and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) Since monthly doesn't work, any ideas on a good format? Perhaps we could rotate the meetings? I'd be glad to host the first meeting (pending my wife's approval)...I live near UH, if that's convenient. Back to the format...would this be a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) I would be interested in seeing something in the Houston area, but probably not on a monthly basis. (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

I could go for periodic get-togethers but know I wouldn't be attending one a month. Of course, having just one would be a good first step to having more. :-) Doug (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Houston Area Lego Group:

I'm wondering if any Lego fans in the Houston area (I mean that broadly - perhaps including Bryan/College Station, Victoria, Beaumont, etc., etc.) would be interested in getting together from time to time (perhaps once a month?) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  2000 Sets in NW Houston

Just wanted to let everyone know that Toys R Us on 1960 in the Willowbrook area had some Slave 1, Desert Skiff, Flash Speeder, and Gungan patrol sets. They also had some Arctic and Castle sets as well. There were even a couple of Wild West sets (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

Nah, I can't find 'em here in the Northwest US either (Washington State, Seattle area). If anyone around here finds them, please post! -Zak (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

Well I must be the only poor soul in America who is without them!!! I am making a trip to MO tomorrow, and I plan on stopping at every store on the way until I get ALL of the new sets!! -- ---D M Garcia Amarillo, TX (URL) Simpson wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em! (Where to go and Where not to go)

(...) I went to the OST TRU at 1:15 p.m., and I was very suprised at the crowd. I all but cleaned them out on Slave Ones (sorry) (they only had 1 left), but they did have plenty more Gungan Patrols, A-Wings, Skiffs, and Flash Speeders. The only (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

(...) Given another option, I avoid the West Loop at all costs. But tomorrow I have a meeting near San Felipe and Post Oak so I'll be checking that Target then. Actually, I should hold out for TRU since I have some Geoffery Dollars to spend. Doug (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

(...) Ooh, thanks, James, I'll have to head over there... I'm about equidistant to that one and the San Felipe one. It's a tossup as to which area of town will be less overrun with people at this time of year. :-( (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  H-Town has 'Em!

I know that virtually everyone else in America has the new sets, and therefore my post will generate a collective yawn, nevertheless I cannot bear to retrain my glee and announce that I have a had a most wonderful lunch hour, and I can now (finally) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: 2000 Sets at local Targets

(...) I've been calling around...Almeda Target doesn't have it...they suggested that I call San Felipe because that particular Target often gets things first...I called, and needless to say I was given bad news. My feeling is that the San Felipe (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: 2000 Sets at local Targets

(...) Argh. Of course, it helps if one actually *sets* the FUT.! (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact