 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 265
Re: Feb 25 get-together was The next get-together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:24:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Carolyn Cheney writes:
Well, Joel, since you are bringing spacecraft, and my son is building
spaceships, how about we build a space port?  The stuff I have is a rather
eclectic mix of Lego, but no trains or Mindstorms, and limited technic.  And
the Duplo is living in Georgia for a few years.  I have some Mtron, and then
some of most space since Ice Planet and  some castle and town. But a
spaceport could have almost anything in or near it, and can be built in
parts.  And it can be declared finished at almost any time.  It is not as
large and photogenic as a big green arch (or two) but if we are careful
about photographing it it could look great.  I will try to get my digital
camera software installed so we can use it.

Sounds like you've got enough to work with, for certain. It sounds like a
blast. Green arches are artistic and creative; but that's something I just
ain't. If it isn't 'functional' to my minifigs, I probably couldn't build it
- and even then I wonder sometimes. :)

For food, I'll make a pot of hot meaty soup or stew type stuff that can sit
around in a hot pot and be dished out as needed (any requests for a specific
type will be considered), and have some drinks.  People could bring other
drinks and chips or other snack stuff if they want.

Sounds great - anything like thator manwich would work great for a group.

I'll borrow some card tables so lots of prople can bring lots of creations
(this is a hint, in case you don't get it).

Well... if I can figure out how to safely transport them, I'll bring as much
of what I have built at present (about 5-10ish space/military related MOC's).

I think the table for the spaceport (or whatever other idea we go with)
might go in the guest room, and I'll have 2 tables in the lego room and TV
area for actual building.
How does this sound, and any ideas?
Carolyn

Sounds good to me!

Now, who else is gonna be able to make it? *nudge nudge* :)

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm