 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 259
Re: The next get-together was Re: Happy New Year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:04:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Carolyn Cheney writes:
I'll host the next central Ohio Lego get-together.  Now is the time to pick
a suitable date.  We have a request for Sunday afternoons, which suits me
just fine.  Feb 18 or later has been proposed.  Does anyone else wish to
contribute a good date? I've not booked up late February yet, so all is fine
with me.  Also, if anyone wishes to propose a Lego related activity, this is
a good time.

And Jorge is back in town.  I saw him 2 Sundays ago, but I was taking my
infirm Mother-in-Law shopping and couldn't talk to him much.  He wasn't at
Target last Saturday when I bought a marked-down Millenium Falcon.

Carolyn Cheney

<snipped>

I'm up for it- but it'll have to be either the 10th(I think? - not this
weekend, but next..) or after the 18th - my inlaws are coming down, I've
been informed,  and as that turns out to be the weekend of the Daytona 500
and we're all diehard NASCAR fans, I rather doubt I can beg out for a LEGO
meeting. :)

But... I .believe. that after the 18th, whatever is left of Feb, and on into
March .should. be okay as far as I know. I might even have my freighter
finished in time to bring it along.

I've read the posts about Target dropping sets as far as 50% or more but
Sawmill and West Broad haven't gone below 25% and only on a few things -
noteably, at West Broad, the Studio Maker set is down to $150.. not enough
to go for at the moment...

Has anyone else seen better discounts?

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm