 Local / United Kingdom / 8077
Re: Proposal for a LUGNET Event at LEGOLAND Windsor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 21:43:30 GMT

I think if we want the day to be a success, we should have two
differents approach.

On one hand, our own MOC, any size, any color, any subject on a back
shelve that nobody (the public) can really access. Alternatively
behind a window could also do the work.

On the other hand, a more complex approach.
    * LLW provides us with specific bags of parts. The similar bags
they will sell to the public. Each bag is around 250gr. Of course if
lego could sell it to us at a "good" price, that will be heaven.
After we got the bags we build some specific MOCs and we specify what
bags have been used.
     The reason for this is we don't want to show a 3 feet tall house
with windows that are hard to get. We need to show kids (and parents)
that with bag 1 + bag 3, they can build this nice farm, etc.

I was thinking of these kinds of bags
      1) House elements, with roof parts, wall, flower etc.
      2) Technics parts, maybe a motor ?
      3) garden elements, animals, more roof elements (such as these
         "rare" slopes)
      4) blue bricks - but not so much 2*2, 2*4, 2*6, plates, tiles
         etc.
      5) 6) and 7) same as 4) but red, grey, yellow
      8) mixed of new colors, dark grey, green, light blue etc..
      9) bags of base plate, big plates etc...
     10) more technics ? or transparents bricks ?

So that's 10 bags of 250gr each = 2.5 kg. It could be a good idea to
put 2 or 3 minifigs in each bag.

Plan of action

    When ? We need at least one (two?) month(s) to build something
after we've received the parts. We have to promise to use only the
parts from the bags. We have to ask LLW when it will be the best
moment for them (with the possibility to sell as much as possible)

    How ? Maybe some of us will have the same subject so we could
decide for a certain kind of building (at a minifig size). We need to
interest several range of age, so technics will be more attractive to
12/18.

We need that day to be a success for us (get more bricks, advertise
Lugnet UK, etc...), but also for TLG / LLW.

Comments are welcome... Could Legoland Windsor contact us on the
subject ?

Gael.