 Local / United Kingdom / 8076
Re: The sidebar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 17:01:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
So here we are:

1 - I made the UK Lego Users Group title a higher level of headline as • it
didn't work with the same level as the four sections below.  The • question
is, do we need it at all?  *I* like the idea of us having a name as it • makes
it easier to describe what we do to others (possibly lending weight to • our
discussions with LLW) but will it put newcomers off if they think it • is a
properly organised club?

2 - I removed the 'see the loc.uk crew here' bit - do we want a • 'members' page?

3 - General Information - anything else people would like here?  Are • the
ones we have useful?

4 - I've added a section called highlights - I intend to put direct • links to
things like important discussions and good MOCs here.  On .technic TJ • Avery
has created a page to hold these which may be needed in time but for • now I
intend to leave them on the top level.  Are 'Highlights' useful or • should I
not bother?

5 - Shopping.  ARRGH!  I think this is going to be a lot of work but • if it's
useful to people I will carry on.  Alternatives would be to have a • page with
links to individual posts about bargains and direct links to online • shops or
not to bother at all.  Opinions?

Forget it. Hard to keep up to date.

Does that comment refer just to No 5 or everything previous as well (if so
it's not a logical answer to 1!)?

6 - Events - I've updated the past events but I'm not fully up on • attendees.
If anyone's got a spare moment please check these and email me if you • have
any corrections.

There doesn't seem much point in having links to sites about past events
that contain only information about the event in the future tense, as in
'how to get there' etc. i.e. the Pre event.
I realise that this is what the 'homepage' often contains.
Only have links to sites that contain info, photos about what happened
at the event itself
i.e. the Post event

For the April 7th Red Letter day, link to
http://www.bricks.wilkesworld.co.uk/llw%20model%20maker%20tour.htm and
other Post event sites

I'm going to leave the homepage with an explanation of what it is just for
completeness.  Otherwise I agree.  I've done yours and I'll put up others as
I find them.

7 - Do we need to distinguish between Future and Forthcoming events?

No. Forthcoming only

OK

Psi