 Local / United Kingdom / 8072
Re: The sidebar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 00:55:05 GMT

Simon Bennett <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:GvFEHz.6v1@lugnet.com...

<snip>

8 - What else do we need?  I think an image on the sidebar would be good,
any suggestions?  We could also have links to personal homepages, either • on
a members page (see above) or as a stand alone section on the sidebar.  If
Duckie Dave's map shows what I think it does (where some of us live) I • think
it would be cool to get it labelled and put it somewhere on loc.uk, Dave?

I prefer to think of it more as 'Areas of Lego related activity'.
The red dots represent LLW and LSB.
The yellow are generally where people live.
The white are suspected areas of activity based on messages posted here -
i.e the Southport Lego show - suggests one of us lives nearby.

I figured the anonymity of this map might get more response than a members
page which ties a name, picture and location together.
For instance, All the map tells a stranger is that one of us lives in North
Devon, but a members page would say that Duckie Dave lives in Barnstaple,
and he looks like this!

I think many people would find the map useful somewhere on the loc.uk pages.
i.e. a foreigner staying in Newcastle, and wanting to meet local Afols would
be able to see that they're going to have to travel a couple of hours to
meet any of us, and someone in Crawley wanting to start a South of England
Lego Train Club would be able to see that there are plenty of potential
members living locally.

So come on people, tell me where to place your dot, help me turn the whites
to yellow, and create a fuller picture of Lego related activity in the Uk,
otherwise I might just accost you with a map at the next fest!

Feel free to use this map as appropriate, and that includes displaying it at
Lego Events such as the one proposed at LLW, you didn't really think I
created it only for me?

That's all for now.

Psi

(Duckie) Dave Till