 Local / United Kingdom / 4202
Re: TVLF 2000 Web page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:17:44 GMT

Great. Though I am wrestling with the issues of achieving highest speed vs
hitting a brick wall at the end of the hall!

You'll have bring a mattress...

Could have a stationary test. which basically would be highest gearing
Or a sledge pull type thing which gets rid of the final speed. i.e. its • the
highest speed with a very large weight to carry. Which would be a • different
gearing.

I'd prefer a pure speed competition.

Where did you get the timer? How much?

15GBP from LSB

I thought of having a two-layer train layout. One floor based for the type • of
thing we did at Reddifest, backed by some tables onto which folks can also • run
their fragile MOCs or items of value they dont want to be run by • Railtrack.
Also run a rope across the front of the floor display so folks dont • stumble
across it.

That could work...